Typically 1 – 2 months before giving birth. We only do one session per day to ensure you get the best results. We require 50% deposits to secure your slot.
No worries, as long we have empty slots that match our schedule, we will put you in.
Best within 5 – 14 days of life. During this time, newborn babies are very sleepy and flexible for posing.
Each baby is different. Some babies are still flexible but typically older babies require more time and effort to pose. For the best result, we recommend babies within 2 weeks old.
Each session consists of 1 classic and 2 props.
For classic, We use fabric backdrops and newborn wraps. The baby is the highlight with classic poses such as taco, side-lying, chin on arms, etc. For props, we use props such as basket, wooden box, flowers, and many other supporting items.
For sure, and we don’t charge extra for that. The star of the day is the newborn, so we’ll do the parents and siblings together with the newborn towards the end of the session.
Sure, please discuss with us 1 month before the session to ensure enough time to prepare for a new theme that fits our style. Our style is generally simple and clean, and emphasis more on the baby instead of the props. We also avoid the use of digital imaging (adding fake background or objects).
Most of our newborn sessions are done in our studio at Kedoya Green Garden. We also provide on-location service with additional charge.
Our newborn session usually lasts between 2 – 4 hours. Some newborns need more time to get into deep sleep and this is something we can’t predict, we ask everyone to remain calm as baby can pick up nervousness and frustration in the room. Prior to the session, We would ask for parents corporation to feed the baby full. A full baby is a sleepy baby, and we need our babies to be fully asleep to pose them well.
Most of our newborn photo session happens in the comfort of the client’s home. We need 2×3 meter space, and we would be happy to move your furniture around and put it all back when we’re done. We advise mainly indoor to ensure baby’s safety, but if you have a good backyard, or pool we can do outdoors.
• Please bring more milk than usual. A fed baby is a happy baby, and a happy baby is a sleepy baby. And we love sleepy babies because they are posable!
• Relax. Your baby is safe in our hands. We’re pretty comfortable holding and posing newborns.
• Volume Down. Keeping the voices down helps to ensure smooth photo session. The older sibling might create a little noise. If possible please bring a nanny to take care of the older sibling to keep them happy.
• Speak Up. Newborn’s safety is our number one priority. If you have any concern during the session, let us know. We don’t want you to be uncomfortable. For that reason, we always have the parents or assistant nearby to lend support if needed.
• Turn off the aircon 30 minutes before our session to ensure that the room is warm enough for the newborn.
• Loosen up the baby diaper and clothing at least 30 minutes before the session. This gives time for the imprinted mark to disappear.
• With your permission, sometimes we like to use the bed as the backdrop. So please make the bed, as we don’t want a messy bed.
Eighty percent of our work are using natural light as they work magically on the soft newborn skin. We only use artifical light (flash) if it’s absolutely necessary during the rainy days. Prior to our arrival, it’s best to open the curtains so we could spot the best source of natural light in your home. Usually, the best spot is whenever there is a large window.
• Mom. Keep it simple, throw in colour that you’d like, but avoid busy patterns. We suggest cotton knit and knit tops. It’s simple and timeless.
• Dad. Long or short sleeved knit. Undershirts also work well. Make sure your T-shirt is free of logos or too much writing and smoothing the wrinkles by ironing them. We’re also big fans of skin-on-skin portraits with you holding your baby against you.
We won’t pose you to do anything extreme, but a little bit of body movement is required and when the back is arched, the baby will often move and wiggle and this could bring to early contraction or ache and pain. Please check with your doctor if it’s alright to have a maternity session. It’s better to clear the schedule for the day of your session. Take time to pamper yourself, have a good rest and simply enjoy yourself.
Typically between 28 – 34 weeks. This is the time frame where your belly is round and full, and you want to be in great condition without much swelling. Usually, the latter you progress in your pregnancy, the higher is the chance of swelling. Do it earlier than later, because you never know when your little one might come out early.
It’s best to book us 2-4 weeks in advance, however, we rarely turn anyone away. So if you really at the last minute, call us up and we’ll see if we can slip you in our schedule.
You can choose 3 themes. We do provide the free size gowns for you to choose. Feel free to contact us if you need customized design gowns for the shoot. For a casual theme, we’d prefer our clients to bring their own clothes.
• For Mom to be, you are welcome to bring your own wardrobes and props such as jewellery, necklace, accessories, ultrasound photos, hats, shorts, even shoes. Many of our clients prefer to go barefoot, but you are always welcome to bring flats, high heels or even boots! Please bring strapless bra or kemben for your top. For the bottom, you could bring leggings or tight pants. Our preferred colours are white, black or beige.
• For the dad to be, we suggest simple, informal clothing as we want them to be comfortable as well. A simple one-coloured polo or T-shirt would do. Light patterns or textures are ok. Little boys should follow dad’s style with light or dark shirts. The little girls are a little bit more pampered as we have dresses and tutu wraps for them as well.
No, it’s not. We have trusted makeup and hairdo partners with various styles and price list that’s available on your request. Feel free to bring your own MUA and Hairdo stylist. For maternity makeup, we suggest a simpler and cleaner look which emphasizes on natural beauty.
Absolutely. Having the older siblings in your maternity shots is priceless. And we don’t impose any additional charges on them. Don’t worry about the kids distracting the photo session, we have a handler to keep an eye on the kids so you could focus on the photo session.
Most of our couples prefer to have their maternity session right in the comfort of our studio. We also provide an on-location service for an additional charge which excludes the permit and entrance fee for the location.
We only shoot nudity when you are 100% comfortable with being nude. It’s totally optional. Nudity is always private and discreet, and we only post them with your permission.
You want to cherish tender innocent moments of your little ones that are often forgotten as they grow up.
No Beautiful Props. No Posing. No Studio. Real Moments.
Babies and kids are the most comfortable at familiar environment, not a studio or outdoor location.
As a professional DIL photographer, we’ve trained our eyes to see the beauty in seemingly mundane activities. We capture moments that you may not realize exist right in your house! Simple, real and honest moments that you might have missed when you are too busy keeping up with your kids. And have you realized many of the pictures you’ve taken of your kids are missing you in it?
2 – 4 weeks before the date. Typically our clients choose a non-working day when all members of the family are present.
We capture daily life starting from newborn, toddler, and even early teens. Just let us know if there’s any specific moments that you want to capture. If you are interested, we can arrange multiple sessions throughout the year or maybe we can come every year. Just email us and we will get in touch with you!
Our approach is photo journalism which means telling a story as it is. Candid and real moments that matters. I’ll come to your place and start chatting with you to know a little bit about your family. I try to be discreet when making my images. You won’t hear me giving directions. After a few minutes, you won’t even notice I’m taking pictures of your loved ones.
we got 3 hours, 6 hours or 9 hours session. A typical session starts before kids are awake early in the morning and ends when they take their afternoon nap. Usually, you will get around 30 edited images from a day in life session but usually we give more.
Keep it simple, throw in color that you like, but avoid busy patterns. We suggest clean and neat. It’s okay if Mom want to do make-up but keep it soft and light.
Inform your kids that your photographer friend is coming to take photos of them so they won’t be totally surprised. Tell us the prohibited area and activities. We understand some parents are concerned on children photos taking their bath. We respect your privacy so let us know beforehand to avoid misunderstanding during and after the session.
It’s best to book us 2-4 weeks in advance, however, we rarely turn anyone away. So please call us up, to see if we can fit in your baby’s birthday to our empty slot.
Normally we do one photographer per birthday event. However, depending on the number of guests and coverage, you might need more photographers. Generally, we’d recommend at least two photographers to cover more than 50 guests. Please email or WhatsApp us to get info on the pricing.
As for now, we only cover photography service. For your video needs, we’d recommend our video partners who are specialized in birthday coverage.
Typically first birthday parties are not more than 2 hours. The first 2.5 hours are already included in our package. We charge additional hours after that. Usually, on the date, we’d ask the parents if they need additional coverage time.
We would come 0.5 hours before the agreed time to check the venue and props. During this time, please let us know the VIPs such as the grandparents, best friends, and fav uncles and aunties so we can shoot more of them. Our approach is photojournalism, which means we take more candid moments as they happen.
We only do light correction on birthday images which means the only colour, brightness and contrast are correct. We do not perform any skin correction or removing unwanted objects in our birthday pictures except cropping.
Relax and trust us that we will capture those moments that you will cherish for a long time. Enjoy your time with family and guests.